Re: I have a question, Chrome Legacy Windows (Charm)

Doug Lee

Ah, "rumor" is what I called it because I only heard one report and not from a Skype author; no disrespect meant.

In any case, see my next announcement; there is now a solution in place for JAWS users...

On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 07:26:29AM +0500, inam din wrote:
Respected Doug, its not rumor it is hard fact.

I myself have installed and tested Skype 8.64 and I found the same
issue!

Sent from [1]Mail for Windows 10

From: [2]Doug Lee
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2020 5:55 AM
To: [3]main@skypeenglish.groups.io
Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] I have a question, Chrome Legacy Windows
(Charm)

Frequently discussed in various places nowadays, and it's a change in
Skype 8.63 and is not due to Windows 10 2004. The workarounds are to
tap Alt twice, tap Alt and then Esc, or use Windows+DownArrow followed
by

Windows+UpArrow whenever this happens. Microsoft Teams suffered a
similar misfortune within the last few months. That one was fixed
within Teams itself, and I expect the same will happen to Skype;
however, rumor has it that

this issue is not fixed in the beta of Skype 8.64. Because of this, I
recently urged participants of this group to send feedback to Microsoft
about it, via the "Report a Problem" option within the Skype app's Help
menu.

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 06:45:15PM -0400, Geno Stone wrote:

So, did the 2004 windows ten up-date.. No issues using the latest of

Jaws release with Skype and the Scripts.. Then  3 or 4  days ago a

Accumulative 2004 up date and did and no issues, Except and not sure

the latest Skype release which I did too, or the Accumulative 2004..

Yet opening skype and if a restart fine for a bit and left open this

covering over top of the Skype screen, Chrome Legacy Windows.. Canât
do

a darn thing.. My son sighted says he sees nothing and Jaws does..

doing research on Google Chrome.. they noted and yet we donât see
how

to remove this so I can get back to using Skype.. Anyone had this

issue?

Geno in Portland, Maine..

References

1. https://skypeenglish.groups.io/g/main/message/4571

2. mailto:main@skypeenglish.groups.io?subject=Re: [skypeenglish] I
have a question, Chrome Legacy Windows (Charm)

3. mailto:geno9802@...?subject=Private: Re: [skypeenglish] I
have a question, Chrome Legacy Windows (Charm)

4. https://groups.io/mt/76117507/409874

5. https://skypeenglish.groups.io/g/main/post

6. http://www.dlee.org/skype/

7. https://skypeenglish.groups.io/g/main/editsub/409874

8. mailto:main+owner@skypeenglish.groups.io

9. https://skypeenglish.groups.io/g/main/leave/defanged

--

Doug Lee dgl@...
http://www.dlee.org

Level Access doug.lee@...
http://www.LevelAccess.com

"While they were saying among themselves it cannot be done, it was

done." --Helen Keller

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

View/Reply Online (#4573):
https://skypeenglish.groups.io/g/main/message/4573

-=-=-

Thanks for subscribing to the skype english list. If you would like to
contact skype support, visit their forums at skypeenglish.com

If you are a jaws for windows user (here to fore known afterwords as
jfw) you can find the latest scripts at

http://www.dlee.org/skype/

If you would like to leave said list those instructions can be found at
the bottom of this and every subsequent message hereafter.

Thanks.

-=-=-

Group Owner: main+owner@skypeenglish.groups.io

Unsubscribe:
https://skypeenglish.groups.io/g/main/leave/defanged
[inamuddin09@...]

Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid that itwill never begin.
-- Grace Hansen