Re: Skype issues that I see, response to several messages on this list today

Doug Lee

Why would Apple be trying to keep Electron apps off your system? Asking you and probably another contact as well; this is news to me.

On Wed, Apr 08, 2020 at 10:19:07AM -0700, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
I'm not letting go of skype, it's part of my job, at least for now. We
also are trying to find other means though so we'll see.. And now that
apple working actively to stop electron apps from being on our systems,
it's imperative that those of us doing our jobs on mac must find a
solution.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our [1]website.

to subscribe to the feed click [2]here and you can also [3]follow us on
twitter

Our [4]discord is where you will know when we go live on
[twitch.]([5]http://twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a
follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit [6]my main
lbry page and my [7]tffp lbry page YOu will also be able to buy some of
my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go [8]here

On 8 Apr 2020, at 9:10, Mike DeZinno wrote:

Good day All,
Just to way-in on this topic; I am also finding the need to explore
other software like Team Talk, Zoom, and others
I feel badly for Doug Lee, who has now for several years tried against
all odds to make Skype work for us like it once did, only to keep
having to fix something that keeps getting more difficult to keep up
with because of Skype's constant changes and quirks. .
Just like we all had to let go of Skype 7.xx versions I guess we should
maybe get ready to some day do the same with Skype in general and be
open to finding software that is more naturally accessible to the blind
community.
I say these things not out of anger but rather out of an honest feeling
of guilt that we keep needing so much of Doug's time spent just trying
to not get too far behind with all the work he needs to do and re-do
just to keep Skype almost working day to day.
Many heart felt thanks to you Doug for all you do for us.
Stay well all,
Mike in SC
At 10:57 AM 4/8/2020 Wednesday, you wrote:

Hi Doug,
Thank you for the list of Skype alternatives. I tested some of them,
and I will test TeamTalk, TeamSpeak and Zello, because the ones I
tried are not at least as good as the old Skype for Desktop.
--Octavian
----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Lee" <dgl@dlee.org>