Unable to see login area with latest version of Skype

Michele Barbi

Hi listers,

I have an issue with a friend of mine who I tried to assist today via Tandem. I need to upgrade Skype since he still had version 7.41 and he didn't use the software for a long time, he's using JAWS 18 and I think he didn't install scripts but I am not sure of the latter. After installing Skype 8.58, I clicked the button called "Sign in or create account", but after that I wasn't able to see the login screen as in subject, meaning I only saw the prase "Skype cannot be used for emergenty calling", but not the actual edit boxes for typing username and password. What could the problem be? Are scripts necessary in order to accomplish this?