Re: Skype UWP discontinued?

Doug Lee

grins at Michele*

Actually though, I try the manual update now and then but hadn't yet. I am now running 8.58 because the manual update worked for me, though the Update button is not labeled and, in my haste, I did not try to fix that.

From time to time, updates have come out on the website that don't become available via the in-app Update button. Those, admittedly, I have a history of ignoring until they are made available inside the app itself.

Thanks much for your testing. I'm mostly working on Teams and Slack scripts today due to our sudden increased need for business-level remote work and telecommunication.

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 06:37:29PM +0100, Michele Barbi wrote:
Yes, I think it's already out, I saw it via Ninite and I installed
through Skype website. Possibly they need some time to autoupdate,
which is what Doug always waits, lol!

Normal interface is working just fine, I did not have the chance to
deeply test features such as the "Sign in with another account" button
mentioned in the past, and the typing indicators feature. I'll report
here in case I realize there are problems.

"When your best-laid plans have turned to dust, vacuum!"
- Whoopi Goldberg