Re: Shortcut for the back button doesn't work

Doug Lee

I'm sure the window maximizing thing means that window size can govern what's included in a window in Skype Desktop. Good to know; thanks for the quick reply.

And for all else watching, keep in mind that there was a typo in the message I was answering: Alt+numbers jump to parts of Skype, not Ctrl+numbers.

On Fri, Mar 06, 2020 at 03:28:11PM +0000, Léonie Watson wrote:
It does still happen, but a bit of experimentation has found that maximising
the window seems to solve the problem - although the default/original size of
the window is perfectly normal according to sighted people I've checked with.

On 06/03/2020 14:27, Doug Lee wrote:
Léonie, I failed to answer this over month-old message; but typically, unanswered emails sit in my inbox until I do; and that happened here. I am slating for implementation in the Skype Electron scripts a faster way to click
the Back button, though I could not reproduce your specific issue myself. I'd be curious to know if this still happens to you. Sorry it took me so long to answer.

On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 09:29:13AM +0000, Léonie Watson wrote:
Hello,

I've just installed Skype 8.55.0.141 on a Windows 10 machine with a fresh
install of Jaws 2020, and version 137 of the Jaws scripts, and I can no longer
get the control 1 shortcut to work. Instead I have to tab around to find the
back button.

I've tried reinstalling both Skype and the Jaws scripts but it hasn't helped.
I've restarted both my laptop and Jaws each time, but that hasn't worked
either.

Help welcome. Thanks

Léonie.
--
@LeonieWatson Carpe diem.

"It is not the mountain in the distance which makes you want to stop
walking; but the grain of sand in your shoe." --Anon