Re: Jaws losing focus with Skype for Business 2015 running

Francois Jacobs <Francois.Jacobs@...>

Hi list

I thought perhaps my vacation leave would take care of the problem but obviously not.
The email trail is below, but in brief I need to have a group conversation open for the duration of my work shift. Each time a team member posts something to this team chat Jaws loses focus of the application I was last working on. A good example of that is that I might be navigating a Word document in the Quick Keys review mode (jaws-z) when the SFB message comes in. Jaws now thinks we're in the SFB application and the quick keys mode in Word is no longer active.
In case it helps, when the SFB message comes in, pressing Jaws-t to read the widow title Jaws announces Skype for Business.
However, pressing Jaws-q to check which scripts are running Jaws would still announce the scripts name for the application I am actually focused on.
I would appreciate any help on things I can try to resolve this.

I'm running Skype for Business 2016 here at work under what looks likeWindows 8.1. Info as per the Winver command:
"Microsoft Windows
Version 6.3 (Build 9600)
© 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
The Windows 8.1 Pro operating system and its user interface are
protected by trademark and other pending or existing intellectual property
rights in the United States and other countries/regions."

The latest Jaws scripts are installed and I get the following info by pressing Jaws-q twice when SFB is in focus:
"Revision 385 Lync 2013 and Skype for Business settings are used in the lync.exe application.
The configuration name is lync."

Thanks for any help.
Francois