Re: Downloading scripts

Sarah k Alawami

Click run. What you discovered is the Microsoft essentials doing its job. So click more info, then click run.

Good luck.

to subscribe to the feed click here

On 18 Dec 2019, at 15:51, Jerry Pryde wrote:

I just discovered something.

When i get the not commonly downloaded message, I tabbed over to something  called Actions.

I clicked on it, and it took me to something called smart screen, with an option, Don't Run This program.

Does that mean anything, and should I click on that option?

It says, JFW Skype.exe is not commonly downloaded and may harm your computer, after a security scan.

On 2019-12-18 6:45 p.m., Jerry Pryde wrote:

Edge puts all the links in a line and are not clickable.

I'm not convinced chrome works with jaws, likewise firefox.

On 2019-12-18 6:19 p.m., Sarah k Alawami wrote:

We don't really know it's windows. It might just be the browser being picky or what not. What error do you get when trying to dl this with firefox, chrome, edge etc. Also have you checked security essentials?

to subscribe to the feed click here

On 18 Dec 2019, at 14:27, Jerry Pryde wrote:

Maybe I'm missing something.

If windows is blocking the installer, and, obviously the download, wouldn't it do the same with any other browser?

On 2019-12-18 4:58 p.m., Sarah k Alawami wrote:

I would try the new edge or chrojme. Both are chromium based and also firefox. That scripts page is I think a very simple page, so it should in theory work.

to subscribe to the feed click here

Not very well with the scripts page.

On 2019-12-18 4:42 p.m., Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Are you sure? I use edge all the time, and it is accessible here.

to subscribe to the feed click here

On 18 Dec 2019, at 12:48, Jerry Pryde wrote:

Not really accessible through edge.

On 2019-12-18 3:45 p.m., Sarah k Alawami wrote:

For troubleshooting purposes have you tried to use edge, or firefox, or chrome?

to subscribe to the feed click here

On 18 Dec 2019, at 12:43, Jerry Pryde wrote:

Hi all.

I still can't download the latest scripts for skype.

Jaws 2019 with internet explorer 11, and I'm still getting the not commonly downloaded message.

The Download Anyway option doesn't turn up anywhere, even after using the alt-n command a second time.

Jerry.