Re: typing sound

Doug Lee

You are correct; this is a Skype 8.55 change. I was halfway through scripting to account for it when other things happened here and I had to put the project down for a bit. The first message in this thread is the reason I am
aware of this issue, because I didn't happen to chat much in Skype after upgrading to 8.55 myself.

Expect a script release soon, for this and a few other things.

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 12:31:40AM +0100, Michele Barbi wrote:
Update: I just had a chat on Skype with a friend of mine and figured out that
typing indicators no longer work for me as well. If you hear typing
announcement, you probably have split view disabled. I am afraid Skype 8.55
effectively changed something and broke typing indicators functionality.

"It's not easy to be crafty and winsome at the same time, and few accomplish
it after the age of six." --John W. Gardner and Francesca Gardner Reese