There is an issue in JAWS that sometimes requires a JAWS restart after a script installation before the scripts will load. I forgot about this when I wrote you earlier. The technical issue is that changes to ConfigNames.ini may
not be detected until JAWS restarts, and the script installer adds an entry to that file that is responsible for loading the scripts when you switch focus into Skype.

Sorry I forgot to mention that one sooner, but glad things are working now.

On Sun, Nov 17, 2019 at 06:17:50PM -0800, Bill White wrote:
Hi again, Doug. I uninstalled the scripts, reinstalled, restarted JAWS, and
now it reports the revision number.

Thank you.

Bill White
billwhite92701@...

-----Original Message-----
From: main@skypeenglish.groups.io [mailto:main@skypeenglish.groups.io] On
Behalf Of Doug Lee
Sent: Sunday, November 17, 2019 5:58 PM
To: main@skypeenglish.groups.io
Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] Installing and running Skype Desktop Version
8.54

If Sarah's suggestion doesn't help, type Ctrl+JAWSKey+v in the Skype window
and tell me what app name and version number come back.

On Sun, Nov 17, 2019 at 05:37:14PM -0800, Bill White wrote:
Hi, Stephen. I downloaded Skype, but I think it is the wrong version, not
Skype 8 for desktop (electron). This is because I am running JAWS 2020, and
Doug Lee says that when I press INSERT plus Q, I should get a script
revision number if Skype is in focus and the Skype scripts are installed
correctly. Where can I download the correct (electron) version of Skype?

Thank you.

Bill White
billwhite92701@...