Re: Installing and running Skype Desktop Version 8.54

Michele Barbi

Hey Bill, welcome back to Skype!

I'd like to just add a thing which I am not sure is clearly explained on Doug's scripts for Skype electron user's guide, that is the link that Stephen already gave you. In Skype version 8.51 and later, it is now possible to activate the split view mode in order to have separate chat windows, just like it was in older versions of Skype. If you want to do so, just press tab till you find "More options" menu button, press space, choose "Enable split view mode" with arrows, and press enter here. Beware though that in split view mode some indications are not spoken by JAWS, and possibly NVDA as well but I'm not sure of the latter, such as "message sent".