Re: Early report on Skype 8.51's Split View and the Skype8 JAWS scripts

Doug Lee

Not sure why you say it's bad news. I'm saying most things can work under older JAWS versions if you update ConfigNames.ini as I described. The one thing I'm not sure I can address for older JAWS versions is the JAWSKey+V issue.

My tests this morning find that the Index=skypeelectron trick in ConfigNames.ini alsow works in JAWS 2018, as does about:blank=skypeelectron for separate chat windows.

For JAWS 18.0 and 17.0, use Index.html=skypeelectron and about=skypeelectron instead.

I must again say though, these tricks may well interfere with other web applications, because other web apps may also use such plain domain names for their content. JAWS is being updated to handle problems like this, and
sometimes it is just not possible for a script to fix something in a JAWS version that is not written to handle it. :-)

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 10:29:41AM +0500, inamuddin khan wrote:
I’m very sorry to let you know that this is a very bad news specially
for those of us who cannot upgrade from JAWS 2018 to JAWS 2019.

As far as myself is concern, I became very much disappointed and at the
end I have uninstalled JAWS script for Skype electron version 121.

I therefore would like to request Doug Lee to sort something out for
those who cannot upgrade JAWS 2019.

I sincerely hope that my request will be considered as earliest manner.

At the end you ignore Her everything and click I agree button.

AOL:

charlsdarwin1969@...

Join me with my Skype ID:

charlsdarwin1