Skype 8.51, split view and JAWS scripts

Marius Swart

Hi Doug and list.  After updating to Skype 8.51.0.6, and modifying the ConfigNames.ini file according to your instructions (I’m using JAWS 2019 June release), and enabling split view mode, here’s what I found.

The scripts work properly in the Skype main window, but when split view mode is enabled, the scripts do not work in the separate chat window.  After disabling split view mode, I found that the scripts worked properly in both the Skype main window and an active chat.

I’m not expecting you to come up with a workaround, I’m just reporting in case anyone hasn’t noticed yet.

Marius