Kimden: main@skypeenglish.groups.io <main@skypeenglish.groups.io> Adına Doug
Lee
Tarih: 20 Ağustos 2019 Salı 01:39
Kime: main@skypeenglish.groups.io
Konu: [skypeenglish] Workaround for JAWS 2019 pre August update and Skype
8.51

I finally got Skype 8.51 onto my laptop, which allowed me to work out the
following trick for using my scripts without installing the JAWS 2019 August
update. Note that because the scripts do not load, or at least do not
reliably load under the scenario being worked around, this problem cannot
reasonably be resolved via modifications to the scripts themselves.

If you use Skype 8.51 and my latest Skype scripts are installed but do not
load (i.e., Insert+Q inside Skype says Chrome rather than Skype settings are
loaded):

Edit the ConfigNames.ini file in the JAWS user folder (not the shared
folder). One way to open this folder is to launch Explore My Settings for
JAWS 2019. Pressing Enter on ConfigNames.ini from there should open the file
in Notepad.

If there is no line saying [Domains], add one.

Below the [Domains] line, add this:

Index=skypeelectron

Save the file and restart JAWS.

Warning: Doing this may adversely impact the operation of other
Electron-based apps you may use. You can always remove the addition(s) and
restart JAWS again to retrace your steps.

Also, it should go without saying (though I'm saying it anyway) that
mis-editing this file could cause other things to stop working as expected.

I am not certain that this workaround will work in all cases. It should not
be required past the JAWS 2019 August update though.

Level Access doug.lee@LevelAccess.com
http://www.LevelAccess.com
"It's not easy to be crafty and winsome at the same time, and few accomplish
it after the age of six." --John W. Gardner and Francesca Gardner Reese