Re: Skype 8.x electron and message, "Skype cannot be used for emergency calling"

Sarah k Alawami

It means what it says. Skype cannot be used to call 911, and no there is no way to turn it off, I'm glad of that for those of us that want to, or have to try.

and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

On 21 Jul 2019, at 13:00, Michele Barbi wrote:

Hi guys,

someone recently asked me if there is a way to prevent screen readers from telling this message when opening Skype. I sincerely did not give importance to this, I think it only means we cannot use Skype for calling, say, 911 in the USA; am I wronhg? And most of all, what can you answer to my friend asking the above question?