Re: To Doug, Skype UWP scripts won't install

Hamid

Michelle. Thank you. I have noticed   that the scripts haven't been updated in a long time, but since I have not noticed any  one mentioning it  here in the list, I thought they still work.

How can I get Skype electron though?

Doug, thank you very much, you  are right as I failed to install the scripts on jaws eighteen as well.

Thank you very much,

On 6/16/2019 8:16 PM, Doug Lee wrote:
First, yes the scripts are old and no longer equipped to work with the current version of Skype UWP. I recently looked into updating them but determined that this would be a significant job, because the interface appears to
have been basically replaced since I scripted UWP.

That said though, your compile error is not caused by the scripts being old. I'm betting you have a file called uia.jsh in your JAWS user folder. Removing that file is likely to let you install the scripts, and is a good idea
anyway because that file, which is an outdated copy of a file that comes with JAWS, can cause compilation problems for other scripts as well.

On Sun, Jun 16, 2019 at 05:58:13PM +0200, Michele Barbi wrote:
Hello Ahmid,

effectively I went to the Skype UWP scripts page and figured out that
the latest update has been released in 2017, so chances are they're not
compatible with JAWS 2019.

But, if you're using Skype 8 electron instead, use the scripts for said
version which are more updated and work ok with JAWS 2019. Here it's
the direct download link:
[1]http://www.dlee.org/skype/electron/jfw_skypeelectron.exe