Re: Problem with latest JAWS update and Skype 8 Electron

Doug Lee

Actually I try to stay on the latest Skype 8 version so I can catch problems early, but it's therefore harder for me to be sure how things will work in older versions. The 8.41 to 8.42 update was not pushed apparently though; I
had to grab it myself via Check For Updates.

On Sun, Apr 07, 2019 at 07:52:29AM -0400, Mike DeZinno wrote:
Good morning all,
I may be talking here out of turn and if I am I do apologize;
regarding having your computers set to automatically update free third
party software like Skype:
I've been in the text to speech game since march of 1987 and for what
it is worth to this day I don't update anything just because an update
is available.
If what you have is still working for you then just hold your ground
and let a million other people be the naked bungy jumpers of the world
of the cutting edge masochists! LOL
Now I'm not saying to let your software go ten years out of date, but a
few weeks or months of just waiting till the bugs are worked out by
someone else doesn't put you that far behind, especially with these
decimal point updates that usually only address some minor programming
glitch that doesn't effect most people anyway.
Be kind to yourself and don't let them put you on the treadmill of the
perpetual learning curve with their updates.
Besides, Doug Lee needs some time off to sleep, eat, and bathed! LOL
Y'all have a great spring,
Mike from SC
At 06:22 AM 4/7/2019, you wrote:

hi doug and all
i'm running exactly the same as doug, however, when I press command
it takes me to the sign out option and not chat history. this also
happens if I type command t.
steve
On 07/04/2019, Smiling? <blind7@...> wrote:

> Open expression picker button is where the left bracket and H
lands me.
> this
> is on a Windows10 pro machine along with the latest updates for
Skype and
> JAWS2019.
>
> I just end up shift tabbing to the history.

Behalf Of
> Doug Lee
> Sent: Saturday, April 6, 2019 7:33 PM
> To: skypeenglish@groups.io
> Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] Problem with latest JAWS update and
Skype 8
> Electron
>
> I found a private chat in my history and find that [ h works fine
with it.
> JAWS 2019, Skype 8.42.0.60. I'm running a newer Skype revision but
with no
> changes to the code for that command.
>
> Anyone else out there have trouble with [ h in private, i.e.,
end-to-end
> encrypted chats?
>
> On Sat, Apr 06, 2019 at 10:07:43PM -0400, John Holcomb II wrote:
> It's a private skype chat.
> Skype Version 8.41.0.54
> JAWS Version 2019.1903.47 ILM

Doug Lee
> Sent: Saturday, April 06, 2019 9:59 PM
> To: skypeenglish@groups.io
> Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] Problem with latest JAWS update and
Skype 8
> Electron
>
> I lost the history of this thread, so pardon me if I'm asking
anything you
> already answered.
>
> What version number do you get when you type Ctrl+JAWSKey+V from
within
> Skype?
>
> Also, what type of conversation do you see this problem in?
Possible types
> include a standard Skype chat, a private Skype chat, and an SMS
text chat.

> On Sat, Apr 06, 2019 at 03:11:45PM -0400, John Holcomb II wrote:
> I do hear Skype when I press that key the left brakit , yes.
>

> JAWS Settings Information:
>
> Revision 102 Skype for Windows Desktop 8 (Electron) settings
are used
> in the Skype.exe application.
>
> The configuration name is skypeelectron.
>
> The current Speech and Sounds Scheme is Classic.

[3]mailto:skypeenglish@groups.io?subject=Re:%20Re%3A%20%5Bskypeengli
sh%5D%20Pro

[4]mailto:@JHRadio?subject=Private:%20Re:%20Re%3A%20%5Bskyp

[11]http://www.dlee.org