Re: Problem with latest JAWS update and Skype 8 Electron

Mike DeZinno

Good morning all,
I may be talking here out of turn and if I am I do apologize;
regarding having your computers set to automatically update free third party software like Skype:

I've been in the text to speech game since march of 1987 and for what it is worth to this day I don't update anything just because an update is available.

If what you have is still working for you then just hold your ground and let a million other people be the naked bungy jumpers of the world of the cutting edge masochists! LOL

Now I'm not saying to let your software go ten years out of date, but a few weeks or months of just waiting till the bugs are worked out by someone else doesn't put you that far behind, especially with these decimal point updates that usually only address some minor programming glitch that doesn't effect most people anyway.

Be kind to yourself and don't let them put you on the treadmill of the perpetual learning curve with their updates.

Besides, Doug Lee needs some time off to sleep, eat, and bathed! LOL

Y'all have a great spring,
Mike from SC

At 06:22 AM 4/7/2019, you wrote:
hi doug and all

i'm running exactly the same as doug,  however, when I press command h
it takes me to the sign out option and not chat history. this also
happens if I type command t.

steve