Re: Problem with latest JAWS update and Skype 8 Electron

Doug Lee

Due to problems with setting focus directly to the history list or one of its entries, I implemented the Command h sequence as a focus to one control followed by Tab or Shift+Tab simulations, depending on script version, to
reach the history list. This discussion tells me that the structure of that part of the Skype window is probably inconsistent across machines even with the same Skype version, which probably means that controls can appear or
disappear depending on other factors on each machine. This might be a hard one to solve for every case, but I obviously would like to do that if possible.

On Sun, Apr 07, 2019 at 11:22:23AM +0100, Stephen Troy wrote:
hi doug and all

i'm running exactly the same as doug, however, when I press command h
it takes me to the sign out option and not chat history. this also
happens if I type command t.

steve

On 07/04/2019, Smiling? <blind7@...> wrote:

Open expression picker button is where the left bracket and H lands me.
this
is on a Windows10 pro machine along with the latest updates for Skype and
JAWS2019.

I just end up shift tabbing to the history.