Re: how do you get to check what skype version you are running?

Doug Lee

In Skype 8.39 for Windows Desktop, these are my related findings:

Alt+H works, but you then have to arrow down to About and press Enter. Typing "a" does something else.

At least with my scripts running, Insert+B reads the About box nicely. There are a number of page buttons before the Skype version number though.

The JAWS Touch cursor can also move nicely enough through the information on this page, with or without my scripts. However, it seems helpful to Left arrow once before using the Right arrow to read through the information one
element at a time. Arrowing to the right immediately without moving left first seems to miss things.

If you are running my scripts, Ctrl+JAWSKey+V will also give you the Skype version number immediately.

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 09:47:58AM -0800, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
Try pressing alt h, then arrow down to about. The menus appear visually
on the screen and for some reason our screen readers don't read it.

On 18 Feb 2019, at 9:30, Mich Verrier wrote:

Hi all I am running windows 10 and jaws 2018. I am trying to find out
what skype version I am running. I have been tabbing around and can't
seem to find that info. Pressingthe menu bar key doesn't do any good
eather. Many thanks. From Mich.