Re: Keyboard support behaving strangely

Léonie Watson

Thanks. In my original email I explained that I had already reinstalled the scripts, then reinstalled Skype. Today I went through the same steps, culminating in reinstalling Jaws, which solved the problem.

I was asking the list if anyone else was experiencing the same problem, so as to rule out the possibility of a Skype update breaking things again.

Léonie.

On 16/02/2019 18:38, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
You probably did not need to go through all of that. It's like me chopping off your head when you have a headache. I would have uninstalled and reinstalled skype first, then the scripts, then jaws to see if anything changed. And do the steps one at a time.
Maybe something got corrupted but because you chopped off your head figuratively we won't know how or what got corrupted in the end.
Glad all is fixed though.
On 16 Feb 2019, at 10:10, Léonie Watson wrote:
I've just completely uninstalled Skype including the scripts, plus
Jaws, and reinstalled the lot. This seems to have done the trick.
On 16/02/2019 17:59, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
Is this with a bluetooth keyboard? The regular keyboard? What
version of windows 10 as they jut had updates recently. Are you
running 10 1809 or 10 1803? Also what have you done to try and
rectify the problem?
On 16 Feb 2019, at 3:43, Léonie Watson wrote:
I'm using Windows 10 Pro.
On 15/02/2019 18:25, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
What version of windows etc? I don't use the keyboard shortcuts,
so I will be of no help here.
Take care
On 15 Feb 2019, at 9:59, Léonie Watson wrote:
Has anyone else noticed problems with keyboard shortcuts in
Skype today?
I'm using Skype 8.3.90 with Jaws 2019 (January update). For no
apparent reason, many keyboard shortcuts have stopped working today.
Alt 1 no longer takes me to the conversations list, without me first
tabbing around to find the "Back" button for the currently open
chat.
I've reinstalled Skype and the scripts (latest version), and Skype
too. Nothing has helped.
Léonie.
--
@LeonieWatson Carpe diem