Re: skype bug

Hello Doug,

I'm running a test build of Skype - 8.39.76.181 and the menubar still appears visually if I press ALT. Keyboard commands like Alt+F, Alt+E, Alt+V, etc. still work when Skype is in english.

______
Best wishes,
Kostadin Kolev

На 13.2.2019 г. в 1:47, Doug Lee написа:

Quoting an old message below to ask a folow-up question on it...

I no longer find that the Alt+letter commands like Alt+V, Alt+T, etc., work in Skype 8.38. Those corresponded to a menu bar that was supposed to be visible if you pressed Alt.

Does this menu bar still exist in Skype 8.38? I never managed to find it with any tools I tried, though I did not try to get my own visual comfirmation.

On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 08:34:35PM +0300, Kostadin Kolev wrote:
   Hello Doug,

   Yes, when I press Alt from within the Skype 8's window, the menubar
   with the menus appears on the top, right below the titlebar of the
   window. I can visually see it appear there.

   Actually, I've now checked and it turns out that the accelerator
   letters are not underlined in the menus even when Skype 8 is in
   english, but the commands like Alt+F, Alt+E, etc. do still work.

   ______
   Best wishes,
   Kostadin Kolev

   Na 29.8.2018 g. v 20:12, Doug Lee napisa:

Hidden by default, you say. Does this mean you know a way to make a menubar surf
ace in Skype 8 for Windows Desktop? I only glanced quickly, but I saw no indicat
ion in window, MSAA, or UIA structures that a menubar is present at
all in the application; so I assumed that the Alt+F/E/H etc. hotkeys were simply
 tied directly to functions without there being an associated menubar. When you
say File etc. have no underlined letters though, it again sounds
like you have seen an actual menubar somehow.

On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 10:59:06AM +0300, Kostadin Kolev wrote:
   Hello Doug,

   Actually, strangely enough, there is a menubar in Skype 8 Desktop (at
   least in the one for Windows). The menubar however is hidden by default
   and it is not visually on the screen. When Alt is pressed though, the
   focus does not move to it. I've reported this bug to Microsoft via the
   Feedback Hub in Windows 10, but this hasn't been fixed yet, even in the
   insider builds of Skype 8 Desktop.

   And by the way, the people using Skype 8 in english are lucky to be
   able to use keyboard commands such as Alt+F, Alt+E, etc. When Skype 8
   is in bulgarian for example, those commands do not work at all. In most
   localized to bulgarian applications, pressing Alt+F (that is the
   equivalent of F for the cyrillic alphabet), opens the "File" menu if
   available. In Skype 8 however, even that does not work. And no surprise
   that it does not - there are no accelerators defined for those menus in
   the bulgarian translation of Skype 8 (there are no letters there
   underlined). The reason for no accelerators may be automated
   translation of those menus - who knows...

   ______
   Best wishes,
   Kostadin Kolev

   Na 29.8.2018 g. v 10:26, Doug Lee napisa:

The Alt+F/E/H etc. commands are probably provided for our convenience. To my kno
wledge, there is actually no menu bar in Skype 8; so the Alt key will not go any
where by itself.

I think you are taken to a website to edit your location, but I don't fully unde
rstand your paragraph about that process.

On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 03:53:48PM +0930, Marvin Hunkin via Groups.Io wrote:
   Hi. when I go to my profile and then try to change the town I am in, no
   longer in that town, and if I then type in the edit field for skype
   8.29, and then or skype windows 8.28, windows 10 64 bit pro and using
   jaws 2018. Then if I press on the menu, takes me to the skype site or
   signs me out. Is there a way to change it, did change it on the site,
   but not sure if changed in the app. Also with jaws, if I press alt,
   nothing happens and cannot move left and right arrow, have to press alt
   f, e, v, t, h etc.

   Any ideas or work arounds and has any one posted this bug feedback to
   Microsoft.

   Thanks.