As for Skype 7's lifespan, I actually wonder if 7.37 will last a while. I am using 8 exclusively on Windows, but my Mac still runs a Skype 7 version and even runs Clisk, which I use to track events until that ability dies. My
personal opinion is that learning Skype 8 is an extremely good idea now, we've said that loudly enough already in here to make the walls of subterranean chambers crack and crumble from the noise, and what each person does after
that is their own business.

On Thu, Feb 07, 2019 at 09:08:36PM +0000, Lino Morales wrote:
Overly complicated? OK Mike I challenge you to install Skype 8 this
weekend and report to me on Monday by noon EST and prove to me that its
complicated. Anyone else up for this challenge can take it also. I
shall remain silent till then unless someone needs help with anything
Skype 8. Have fun Mikey.

Sent from [1]Mail for Windows 10

From: skypeenglish@groups.io <skypeenglish@groups.io> on behalf of Mike
Bernard via Groups.Io <mbern6516@...>
Sent: Thursday, February 7, 2019 8:54:09 AM
To: skypeenglish@groups.io
Cc: skypeenglish@groups.io
Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] an atempt to help my fellow skype users

Well I'm glad to see that there are at least some people on this list
who actually appreciate my assistance. For the rest of you who feel
that the old versions are gone, and that we should just put up with
overly complicated software, you need to understand that not everyone
is a quick study like you are. Learning new things can be difficult for
some of us and we can't all just dive head first into things like the
rest of you can. Especially when it comes to software with
accessability issues. The scripts are there to help yes, and that's
great, but the scripts can only go so far. It's not that we don't want
to learn something new, it's just that there are times when things get
really difficult, sometimes there's nothing else you can do but revert
back to a prior version for the sake of accessability. We as blind
people aren't the only ones who were affected negativly by skype 8. Our
sighted counterparts have difficulty with it too. Finally, for those
who have installed 7.36, once installed, be sure to go into the options
menu, and turn off the automatic updates option. If you aren't
familliar with this option, you can get there by doing the following.

1. Log into skype and go to tools menu

2. Select options

3. Arrow down to where it says, "automatic updates" then tab once
to get to the button marked turn off automatic updates. Press spacebar
on this button to turn it off.

4. Then tab to save and press spacebar and you'll be all set.

I appologize for the long post, but I felt that I had to come forward
and speak my peace and to say that I'm glad that Jerry, Mario and
others have found my suggestion helpful. Yes, version 7.36 may be old,
but it's a work around for now and I too am glad that it works for us.
Have a nice day everyone.

Sincerely,

Mike