Re: Where can I get skype version of 7.4 from?

Doug Lee

Oh my goodness...

The advice to use Skype 8 is reasonable because we don't really have a choice.

It is also reasonable to refer to Skype 8 as usable, which I can say having used it exclusively for close to a year by now.

But I don't use it like a website; I use it like an application. I disable the virtual cursor in JAWS, and I don't use Browse mode in NVDA, except on extremely rare occasions.

If our initial poster actually asked how to use a screen reader with a web interface, I missed it.

Addison, in case these are useful, I have Skype 8 JAWS scripts at https://www.dlee.org/skype/electron/

That page also contains a link to a Microsoft keyboard shortcut list for Skype 8. For convenience, that link is https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12025/what-are-hotkeys-and-how-do-i-use-them-in-skype

On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 07:23:49AM -0800, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
as there is no Skype 7 anymore, let me give you some advice. You Skype
8. You will love it. All you need to do is memorize and use your web
reading keystrokes that you use with your screen reader. Read your
screen readers manual on more as this is not the list to get help on
web browsing keystrokes.

On January 31, 2019 04:17:34 "Addison Gethers" <addisong@...>
wrote:

Hi there Oh there is no skype 7.4 working anymore ,well I don't know
how to used this skype 8.3 because I get confuse with it so I removed
skype 8.3