Re: Scripts for skype 7.0.4.0.151

Jerry Pryde

Script load error.

The mrw/freedom scientific jsb is not the proper version; something like that.

I couldn't copy and paste it.

On 16/11/2018 1:34 p.m., Doug Lee wrote:
Can you let us know the actual message you get from mrw on your system?

On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 01:21:18PM -0500, Jerry Pryde wrote:
The MRW scripts don't work here with jaws 15 and windows 7.

It seems there's something not quite right with JAWS.

It says something to that effect on installation.

On 15/11/2018 11:22 a.m., Doug Lee wrote:
15.0 is the minimum version of JAWS that should be supported; so yes, they should work there. I probably never tested the mrw scripts under JAWS 15 though.

Just as a gentle alert: I can no longer practically test scripts on my own machine against JAWS versions older than 18. Some of my projects are moving to cut off at JAWS 14 currently. The next cutoff line may be JAWS 15 but may
be a later version. I have not determined yet either when the next cutoff will occur or at which JAWS verssion. I do avoid cutting off old JAWS versions until I have a reason to do it, but then I tend to cut at a transitional
version for scripting features that I can use to improve efficiency, support newer application types, etc.

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 11:09:05AM -0500, Jerry Pryde wrote:
PS:

I tried to install from that link, but it seems to indicate that this version
of JAWS isn't compatible.

On 15/11/2018 10:58 a.m., Doug Lee wrote:
I thought of suggesting that, and it will be useful to see if installing those and activating the workaround will help; but I don't yet know how likely that is to succeed. I'm working on professional projects at the moment
though, so I won't be able to do anything significant with this for a while. The mrw idea might be good to try in the mean time.

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 04:53:47PM +0100, Michele Barbi wrote:
Now that it comes to my mind, you could try installing the MRW scripts, which
stands for MSAA Registration Workaround. Here are more infos on these scripts
usage and how to install those: http://www.dlee.org/mrw/