Re: Scripts for skype 7.0.4.0.151

Doug Lee

I have so far not heard of any problem like this elsewhere; we'll see if anyone else chimes into this discussion. I have not had Skype 7 on Windows for many months by now, so any scripting work I do for it now would likely need
to be through a JAWS Tandem connection.

Regarding the MSAA/Mathplayer issue: If you were suffering from that one, you would probably see a few other side effects, like TeamTalk or TeamSpeak scripts not working right, possibly a few website form fields not being named
correctly when they usually are, etc. That issue is global when it occurs, but its effects are hard for me to predict completely.

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 09:52:33AM -0500, Jerry Pryde wrote:
Doug:

re Mathplayer: no.

I last installed skype 7.0 a little more than a month ago, and reinstalled the
scripts; all this after a computer repare.

Yesterday, september 13, the scripts worked perfectly, and skype loaded with
no problem.

So, this only happened this morning at about 6:30 Eastern time.

On 15/11/2018 9:30 a.m., Doug Lee wrote:
If the message you are getting is specifically, "These scripts do not support this Skype version," let me know what operations result in this message. There are ten points in the code that can cause that message. Most have to
do with handling chat messages and windows, but there may be other operations that trigger this message.

It would also help me to know when you last downloaded a Skype 7 update.

Finally, because one known cause of this issue is related to Windows MSAA support, two more questions: Have you rebooted since you ran into this problem, and have you recently installed or removed something called Mathplayer?

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 08:57:16AM -0500, Jerry Pryde wrote:
PS:

The scripts worked perfectly yesterday.

Today, they don't work for some reason.

Jerry.

On 15/11/2018 8:05 a.m., Michele Barbi wrote:
Hello Jerry,
I though Skype 7 was officially blocked as of november 1, 2018, but that's
another topic...
Anyway, yes make sure which scripts revision you have, considering latest
for Skype classic is 622b, revision 993. Try pressing insert+q from within
Skype, and if you figure out you have a less recent scripts revision, try
updating it. This is the direct download link for the installer:
http://www.dlee.org/skype/classic/jfw-skr622b.exe
Doug, if you can read this thread, let me know if there is something to
add.

"While they were saying among themselves it cannot be done, it was
done." --Helen Keller