Re: Which version is which?

inam din

Skype 8 is Skype electron!

Skype UWP and Skype electron are different programs, therefore the scripts are different!

With regards from Inamuddin with the Skype ID:

Charlsdarwin1

It is nice to be important but it is more important to be nice!

You can contact me via gmail:

inamuddin09@...

outlook:

inam092@...

Yahoo:

inamuddin2010@...

AOL:

charlsdarwin1969@...

Add my Skype ID:

charlsdarwin1

Find me on facebook:

www.facebook.com/inamuddin786

Follow me on twitter:

www.twitter.com/charlsdarwin1

Call me on my cell:

+92-334-3348409

From: skypeenglish@groups.io <skypeenglish@groups.io> on behalf of Don & Cher <oneagleswings1@...>
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2018 5:15:29 AM
To: skypeenglish@groups.io
Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] Which version is which?

Mine says “Skype 8 settings are loaded. The application being loaded is Skype.exe.” So, I guess I’m not using Electron. So, is Skype 8 and Skype WUP the same thing? Thanks for your helpful response.

Cher

From: skypeenglish@groups.io [mailto:skypeenglish@groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve Matzura
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2018 7:41 PM
To: skypeenglish@groups.io
Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] Which version is which?

With JAWS, if you press JAWS Key plus Q and here a message about Chrome settings being loaded, you are using the Skype Electron application. Go directly to http://www.dlee.org/skype/electron/ and pick up the scripts for this version of Skype. While Doug has scripts for this one and the Universal Windows platform version, the Electron version's script support seems to work better.

On 10/29/2018 5:12 PM, Don & Cher wrote:

I have 8.33 but no idea if it is ‘Electron’ WUP, or whatever the difference is supposed to be. The FS memo advising JFW users said to turn the virtual cursor off. Inamuddin says to definitely turn virtual cursor on- and he seems to be talking about the Electron version.

Can someone clarify and explain how to find out the source of my version? I was running 7.41 and used the ‘update button’ when the program launched. Thanks for helping untangle the many versions. .

Cher

Join main@skypeenglish.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.