Re: Which version is which?

Don & Cher

Mine says “Skype 8 settings are loaded. The application being loaded is Skype.exe.” So, I guess I’m not using Electron. So, is Skype 8 and Skype WUP the same thing? Thanks for your helpful response.

Cher

From: skypeenglish@groups.io [mailto:skypeenglish@groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve Matzura
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2018 7:41 PM
To: skypeenglish@groups.io
Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] Which version is which?

With JAWS, if you press JAWS Key plus Q and here a message about Chrome settings being loaded, you are using the Skype Electron application. Go directly to http://www.dlee.org/skype/electron/ and pick up the scripts for this version of Skype. While Doug has scripts for this one and the Universal Windows platform version, the Electron version's script support seems to work better.

On 10/29/2018 5:12 PM, Don & Cher wrote:

I have 8.33 but no idea if it is ‘Electron’ WUP, or whatever the difference is supposed to be. The FS memo advising JFW users said to turn the virtual cursor off. Inamuddin says to definitely turn virtual cursor on- and he seems to be talking about the Electron version.

Can someone clarify and explain how to find out the source of my version? I was running 7.41 and used the ‘update button’ when the program launched. Thanks for helping untangle the many versions. .

Cher