Re: Just installed 8.32- got questions!

Steve Matzura

Skype version 7 will soon cease to function. Uninstall it and get used to using Skype 8.

There are two versions of Skype 8--one from the Microsoft Store, one from skype.com. To find out which you have, run it, and if you're using JAWS as your screen reader, press JAWS Key plus Control plus V to hear the version number spoken.

On 10/28/2018 3:02 PM, Don & Cher wrote:

Under control center/programs and features the old Skype 7.41 is listed- but not the new. Under ‘all apps’ there is a Skype listed with no version but with the word new after the listing. Insert Q says I’m running scripts for Skype 8. When I tried to install the version 8.31 I had downloaded, windows message said I should get the one from the Microsoft store. The store seemed totally inaccessible, so launched Skype 7 and used the built in update feature.

Without a help menu, how can I verify the version? Can I delete 7.41? Why is one version in control center and another in ‘all apps’? Thanks.

Confused in Tennessee- Cher