How to select and locate contacts in Skype 8.32

Don & Cher

I select the contacts tab and activate the ‘all’ button- but could not see contacts today though I did last night. What’s the trick?

I searched for one contact I messaged last night and which is listed as both active and a favorite- but can’t see it anywhere on screen- unless I activate the JAWS touch cursor. How do I navigate to a specific contact again? How do I select it so I can call or message it? Is there a key command or script which makes this work better? Thanks!

Frustrated in Tennessee- Cher