Just installed 8.32- got questions!

Don & Cher

Under control center/programs and features the old Skype 7.41 is listed- but not the new. Under ‘all apps’ there is a Skype listed with no version but with the word new after the listing. Insert Q says I’m running scripts for Skype 8. When I tried to install the version 8.31 I had downloaded, windows message said I should get the one from the Microsoft store. The store seemed totally inaccessible, so launched Skype 7 and used the built in update feature.

Without a help menu, how can I verify the version? Can I delete 7.41? Why is one version in control center and another in ‘all apps’? Thanks.

Confused in Tennessee- Cher