Re: skype is not syncing

Sarah k Alawami

Yep. I don't see a change in the help list, but yeah. Not even the /help command I was reading about works. And the the other commands are failing too.

On 17 Oct 2018, at 9:38, Smiling? wrote:

No, it doesn’t seem to work at all any longer for Skype 8, it says invalid command or something to that effect.

From: skypeenglish@groups.io [mailto:skypeenglish@groups.io] On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2018 9:33 AM
To: skypeenglish@groups.io
Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] skype is not syncing

Ok, this gets odder and odder. I looked for the command list which I found here and it lists the remotelogout command but when I tpe it into my version of skype 8 it does not work at all. I have tosay my android device is turned off so that should not make any difference in theory, but thought I'd throw that out there.

Take care

On 17 Oct 2018, at 1:12, Smiling? wrote:

1. Enter into your own Skype account from a computer, via the Skype desktop
client.
2. Open a random chat window.
3. Type the following command:
/showplaces
After sending a message, you should receive a response that shows you how
many places you are online. If you show that you are registered in more than
one location, type the following command:
/remotelogout
4. To make sure that you have successfully logged off from all other devices
except the current device, again execute:
/showplaces
again and you should see a message with just one device.