Re: refusal of ypdating to a new version of Skype

Shaun Oliver

what I suspect will happen is the client will simply refuse to login and if it does, it'll be limited functionality at best.

That might mean that your contact list may not populate, which means in a sense, you will have no contacts to sift through.

This doesn't mean you'll lose your contacts, it means that your particular client simply is unable to access them.

Do please bare in mind that what I'm saying is a possibility and based on my own conjecture and thoughts rather than any incontrovertible evidence.

Really people, we had big stinks like when win8 was first released, XP had reached its end of life cycle and when win10 was first introduced. all of you, are quite frankly making mountains out of little more than mole hills.

This isn't the days when developers did as they pleased and didn't or wouldn't listen to their end-users. times and practices and attitudes have drastically changed since then.

On 10/10/2018 06:11, Josephine Hirsch wrote:

Will you loose all your contacts if you refused to update Skype? I have my updates for Skype Disabled.

I have seen everyonje use their phone for everything.
On 10/9/2018 2:27 PM, Shaun Oliver wrote:

unfortunately, your unwillingness to update Skype is going to see you without that service when it is finally completely phased out for the older versions.

As for the younger generations, I'd like to point out that I am 43 years of age and have taken to technology as if I were born to it.

Granted, I didn't have an inbuilt CPU in my nappies, but it's your own personal attitude that determines as to how well you adapt to and adopt new technologies.

Skype included.

On 10/10/2018 05:54, Josephine Hirsch wrote:

Who cares. I am not willing to update Skype, and it makes things harder for me to use it because I can't do the things like before, and no one can hear me on their end whenever I make a phone call, and plus, I am not like the young generations to where they have everything on their phone, even though, I treid to use the new version of Skype..

On 10/9/2018 2:16 PM, Shaun Oliver wrote:

that, sadly, has been since removed when Skype 8 was released, so that is no longer an option.

On 10/10/2018 04:14, Mike DeZinno wrote:
re sending files a possible work around,
I have found that sending files in Skype from within the Skype menus has always been kinda hit or miss for me so for the last 3 years or so I browse to the file on my laptop I wish to send and right click on it,
one of the options that comes up is send to Skype.
hit enter on that and you go directly to Skype and into your master contact list where you just find the person or persons you wish to send the file to and click on their Skype handle.

I know this is probably not as sophisticated as some other users skills might be but this has been working for me.

I hope this helps someone,
Mike, in SC

 At 12:31 PM 10/9/2018, you wrote:
I can confirm that since skype 8's initial release, the file send dialog is indeed broken.

at least in windows anyway. something I intend to lodge feedback about. Furthermore, I am certain that MS will at the very least take it under advisement and hopefully will see that this is rectified in later versions of Skype.

On 10/10/2018 02:54, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
I actually  don't have that issue, and I'm using nvda build 18 latest snap. And I'm using skype 8 I can read the chats fine by tabbing to the list and just going to the bottom. It stays there.

As for sending  files I have not had to do that yet, Ill see bout that as normally I jut send dropbox links

On 9 Oct 2018, at 9:12, jazzyjennifer wrote:

skype 8 is not all that bad.  how ever, a few things i dont like with it, sending files is broken, when you get in to the dialog box. it will  not read, your folders so you can go sollect the file you want to send, when using NVDA then with the chat section, if your viewing    the history of a sertin chat, its a pain, cause it will loose focus of the last chat that was recieved, and it will rap you clear to the beginning of the  convorsation, or the middle of the convorsation, so you have to hit your down arrow. over and over again, to get to the end of the convorsation, you can not hit control page up. or page down, nore home or end eather, to take you to the beginning or end of teh chat, i tryed that, so i found that skype for windows 10 from  the microsoft store works a bit better for me anyways, because at least with taht, when viewing convorsations in sertin chats, it at least raps you to the end, of the chat, it will focus you with what was  last said.