but again, in terms of skype, and back to my original point, MS can, have and will deploy updates as they like, and as we signed up for their service, we accepted that to be the case. by installing it, we gave our tacit approval fore them to update as they like.

Please, this is a list to help people run Skype, not bemoan the fact it's changing far beyond anything you're comfortable with.

Let go of this idea of deprecated software being better, because it really isn't. and learn to work with what we have. learn also to give constructive criticism as opposed to I want this back, or, I hate this vendor or, pooh pooh to that organisation because they don't do things how "I" want them.

On 9/10/2018 22:02, Joseph Machise wrote:
well Shaun, there is no reason we have to go threw this, just herd on the news that Microsoft just did a update, and thousands of files were lost, in my view, they don't take the blind in to very much consideration
----- Original Message ----- From: "Shaun Oliver" <blindman75@gmail.com>
To: <skypeenglish@groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2018 7:28 AM
Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] refusal of ypdating to a new version of Skype

well, congratulations on limiting yourself, because, quite frankly, as much as I enjoy using my mac, and find it not only intuitive and a pleasure to work with, There are some tasks that are just easier done on windows. That's not to say they can't be done with apple, but sometimes, I find, it's more trouble than it's worth to even attempt it at times, so I go with what I know works.

I do nto dislike either ecosystem and will happily work within both. I don't always agree with something either one does, but I will not sit there and ask them to go back to code that is full of holes at best. I'd rather be in a position to provide them feedback so that they can improve upon what they are releasing than ask them to keep something that quite frankly in the current environment looks quite ugly, not only from an eyecandy perspective, but from a code perspective as well.

On 9/10/2018 21:53, Joseph Machise wrote:
you no if I get the money i will.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Shaun Oliver" <blindman75@gmail.com>