Re: such a waste of intelligent energy

Doug Lee

The most common cause of that I can think of would be a need to change the sound source in Skype 8. Use Ctrl+comma to open Settings, tab through fields to the Audio and Video button, and press Space to open that panel. You will
then find a Microphone combo box in which you can choose your input device. The next tab stop lets you turn on/off Skype's management of mic volume. I tend to turn this off. After that, you should have a mic volume. Oddly,
the range goes up to 10 but with decimals; so for example, I think 9.5 is the same as 95%.

When done examining and/or changing these settings, tab to the Close button and press Space.

On Sat, Oct 06, 2018 at 01:19:07PM -0500, Josephine Hirsch wrote:
With Skype 8.3, no one can hear me whenever I make a phone call.

On 10/6/2018 12:24 PM, Doug Lee wrote:
Octavian, there's this saying (at least here) about "beating a dead horse." You have expressed your opinions, but the same opinions many times. I respectfully request, in order to prevent this discussion from going on forever,
that we refrain from saying things we've said before.

On Sat, Oct 06, 2018 at 11:51:33AM +0300, Octavian Rasnita wrote:
Yes Sarah, you are right. But I wonder why do you tell this only to the
people that have a different opinion than you.

Why don't you tell that the praises to Skype 8 are also useless and
don't make Skype 8 beeing better?

I am a reactive person. I usually don't start discussions and flame
wars, but I just send my opinions *after* other people send their
opinions.

--Octavian