Re: such a waste of intelligent energy

Stephen Troy

i'm afraid no company is going to develop or change their product to
ensure one person is happy with everything.

we all have different likes and dislikes where software is concerned
and manufacturers/developers can not please everyone all of the time.
nor can people such as doug give up their time to write scripts that
will suit each individual's needs.

my old IPhone 4s sat in the draw for three months because I thought it
was way more complicated than the nokia and I didn't think i'd ever
get used to using it. when the nokia completely died and wouldn't
even turn on, I had to switch to the IPhone and now I wouldn't use
anything else.

it really is time to move on and try and get used to skype 8 or give
it up completely. Microsoft are not going to give classic another
lifeline and, as sean says, if people have suggestions, best to send
them to the developers rather than complaining on this forum every
day.

On 06/10/2018, Shaun Oliver <blindman75@gmail.com> wrote:
and that, is what I'm talking about. instead of talking to them, you're
moaning here on a forum that has little to do with that which you are
complaining about accept for the aspects relating to Skype.

Instead of complaining about it, Reach out and discuss with the
developers themselves. they really aren't big scary ogres

On 6/10/2018 06:18, Octavian Rasnita wrote:
"insure that the things you want and need are there in future
iterations of said software and your lives and mine, will be
considerably better for it".
Windows 7 is almost at its end of life, but it is still worse than
Windows XP was for me.
It won't be improved anymore, so it will be worse forever.
I used it for many years and I got very used to it, but it still works
bad, JAWS reads some strange words in some applications (TextPad), the
command prompt works also worse, the version of Outlook Express I use
has some limitations, the other email client have some missing
features etc.
And I can tell you that I tried very many other alternative programs
that could work a little better, but none of them have all the
features I need.
If I'd need to use the computer just for entertainment, all these
things wouldn't be a problem, because if something would not be
accessible, I can choose to  use something else and that's all.
--Octavian