Re: help with the new 8.3 version of skype.

Sarah k Alawami

I have to gree. I recently used narrator to troubleshoot some stuff a few months ago and it was very very doable. Go microsoft and go skype on all platforms. It really is a piece of cake to use and a fun and joyful experience.

Take care

On 4 Oct 2018, at 12:36, John Holcomb II wrote:

I think MS should actually be commended on their accessibility with Skype and their other products.
No company does everything perfect, but if I wanted to right now, I could walk up to any Windows 10 based computer and use it, and probably get Skype to work somehow accessibly too! I say somehow as I have not used narrator and Skype together, but they're all about making first party software work well, and third party stuff too.

Now how amazing is that?

-----Original Message-----
From: skypeenglish@groups.io <skypeenglish@groups.io> On Behalf Of Shaun Oliver
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2018 12:41 PM
To: skypeenglish@groups.io
Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] help with the new 8.3 version of skype.

and by that reasoning, given the archives are public, and searchable by the internet as a whole, it is therefore, not beyond the realm of possibility that the afforementioned remarks would, I can say with almost 100% certainty, find their way back to the vendor that is being railed against, thus causing very real problems in the long run for those of us that are stern yet polite when we approach same to discuss overall improvements to accessibility for various applications we'd like to make good use of in the future. it is those kinds of comments and remarks and complaints about how not enough is being done and what is already there is nowhere near enough that causes devs on the whole to say, and please excuse my use of the more colorful, even if by initial only, "F you, we don't want to be bothered with it because it's too hard." when in reality, gaining accessibility is as much about attitude as developers willingness to accomodate.

so I am with Sarah 100% on this.

On 5/10/2018 02:03, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
Lol. I'm the admin. I have to be nice. Hehahahahaha. I am also working
on my professional tone, which needs a lot of work.

And yes I do agree. One more comment like that from anyone and they
will with out warning be placed on a 1 month moderation. We want to
make the list constructive and these archives by my choice are
public, so let's try and be civil here. If you don't like it, as my
teacher used to say, there's the door. I do not want to moderate the
topic but one more bad apple and it will either be moderated or
locked. You all have ben forewarned.

On 4 Oct 2018, at 9:08, Shaun Oliver wrote:

Thank you Sarah. I would not have even been as nice about it. as it
was, I’d already stated that it won’t happen due to the deprecated
API and unavailability of the SDK.

and really, Joseph, Comments such as to hell with microsoft are the
kinds of comments we could all quite frankly do without, simply
because MS, in recent times, has actually begun to carefully consider
accessibility and implement same, despite the bleeting from the NFB
wanting to keep accessibility firmly within the control of the
blindness community. and really people as a whole, accessibility is
not limited to blind people alone. we do not, nor wil we ever hold
the monopoly on accessibility needs, so I suggest we dispense with
the badmouthing, disparraging remarks, the complaining that this
isn’t predictable or how unfair it is that we’re losing hotkeys that
quite frankly nobody gives a rodent’s rectum about, and just learn
the new interface, build a bridge and get over it.

Sent from Shaun's iPad

On 5 Oct 2018, at 01:31, Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:

I doubt they will, so until and if they do, learn skype 8 and learn
the key strokes, and learn your web keys. If you don't like it not
much you can do but uninstall skype and use zoom or nothing at all.
Harsh, but true in this case.

Take care

On 4 Oct 2018, at 3:14, Joseph Machise wrote:

Clare thanks hope they get GW back again under another name from
Joseph.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Clare Page"
<clare.page@...>