Re: help with the new 8.3 version of skype.

Shaun Oliver

further to my last, case in point, my last, I wrote on my iPad. there are no hotkeys or keyboard keystrokes specifically for skype on said device, nore are there specific ones save those already clearly listed for the mac either. nor are there any for the iPhone. Yet, lo and behold, shock of all shocks, I can still use them efficiently with the same level of productivity. now isn't that a kick in the pants?

On 5/10/2018 01:38, Shaun Oliver wrote:
Thank you Sarah. I would not have even been as nice about it. as it was, I’d already stated that it won’t happen due to the deprecated API and unavailability of the SDK.

and really, Joseph, Comments such as to hell with microsoft are the kinds of comments we could all quite frankly do without, simply because MS, in recent times, has actually begun to carefully consider accessibility and implement same, despite the bleeting from the NFB wanting to keep accessibility firmly within the control of the blindness community. and really people as a whole, accessibility is not limited to blind people alone. we do not, nor wil we ever hold the monopoly on accessibility needs, so I suggest we dispense with the badmouthing, disparraging remarks, the complaining that this isn’t predictable or how unfair it is that we’re losing hotkeys that quite frankly nobody gives a rodent’s rectum about, and just learn the new interface, build a bridge and get over it.

Sent from Shaun's iPad

On 5 Oct 2018, at 01:31, Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:

I doubt they will, so until and if they do, learn skype 8 and learn the key strokes, and learn your web keys. If you don't like it not much you can do but uninstall skype and use zoom or nothing at all. Harsh, but true in this case.

Take care

On 4 Oct 2018, at 3:14, Joseph Machise wrote:

Clare thanks hope they get GW back again under another name from Joseph.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Clare Page" <clare.page@...>
To: <skypeenglish@groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2018 4:57 AM
Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] help with the new 8.3 version of skype.

Hi!
It's all very well to say that a keystroke such as alt+page up should be
added to the JAWS scripts of Skype 8, but that won't help users of other
screen-readers. I'm not sure that such a keystroke is necessary anyway.
Doug's way of answering Skype calls seems rather complicated to me ,
although that may make seeing who the caller is a bit easier. I am lucky
that the Skype calls I receive are from people I know, and in most cases I
have warning that I am going to receive a call, so I go into the Skype
window in Skype 8, which I tend to leave open while Skype is running anyway,
and press Tab till I find the Answer button. There's a Decline button too,
which comes before the Answer button while tabbing through the window, so if
you don't want to take the incoming call, you can use that instead.
If you don't want to keep the Skype window open like I do, you can minimise
it with alt+f4 like you did in older versions of Skype, and pressing Enter
on the Skype icon on your desktop will open the Skype window again. Since I
rarely minimize the Skype window while my Skype 8 is running, I don't know
if an incoming call will make that window appear, that's why I mentioned how
to open it while Skype is still running.
I hope this helps!
Bye for now!
From Clare