From: "Doug Lee" <dgl@...>
To: <skypeenglish@groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2018 4:36 PM
Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] help with the new 8.3 version of skype.

The plan for taking an incoming call in Skype 8 is this:

1. Make a shortcut key that immediately puts focus on the Skype 8 window. Do this by assigning a shortcut key, such as Ctrl+Shift+Alt+K, to the Skype 8 Desktop shortcut.

2. When a call comes in, type your shortcut, tab for caller ID, then tab to the Answer button and press Space.

This is more keystrokes than Alt+PgUp was, but it is also less prone to the, "Oh goodness, I did not mean to pick up that call!" situation. This situation would be my description of most calls I get, because of spam calls that
are made to my phone number, which I route through Skype specifically so I can handle such things intelligently.

On Wed, Oct 03, 2018 at 08:36:20AM -0400, Joseph Machise wrote:
well dug until we get a new version of GW connect, and say the hell with
Microsoft do you have a hot key for answering a call