From: skypeenglish@groups.io <skypeenglish@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike
DeZinno
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2018 12:02 PM
To: skypeenglish@groups.io
Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] A Very Bad News

Good morning All,
If I read the MS public notice correctly they never said Skype 7 was going
away on Sept 1.
They more clearly said they will no longer support it.
That doesn't mean it will grind to a halt and stop working it just means
don't go to them with questions about it.
Remember they stopped "Supporting" XP years ago but our old XP machines
still work.

Regarding the upgrade message that comes up during Skype 7 cessions, I
learned to just ignore it and what I did was to hit "CTRL 2" key combo and
go right to my new messages or what ever function I wished to use.

One just has to be careful that you always be sure you are not on the
update
screen or you could accidently start the downloading process of Skype 8.

Even then it's not the end of the world you can cancel out of the process
fairly easily and stop it from happening.

When I read the helpful responses here in the group to those of us who are
having problems I'm very much put at ease that what ever I or anyone else
runs into Doug Lee and others here will come up with a fix for it.

All stay well,
Mike in SC

At 12:59 PM 9/3/2018, you wrote:

It seams that Microsoft gave go ahead silently maybe until April 2019
because even after September first Skype classic is still working for me.
It is another thing that whenever I try to sign in to Skype, it asks me to
update and I use to say no to update it!

inamuddin09@... <mailto:inamuddin09@...>
Inamuddin.ronaque@... <mailto:Inamuddin.ronaque@...>
outlook:
inam092@... <mailto:inam092@...>