Re: Reassign command key not working

LĂ©onie Watson

Thank you Doug. That's sorted it out. Much appreciated.

On 31/08/2018 15:11, Doug Lee wrote:
I updated the Skype electron scripts at http://www.dlee.org/skype/electron/ to fix this issue.
On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 01:41:47PM +0100, L??onie Watson wrote:
Thanks Doug.
I can confirm your findings. The config was in index.jcf, and copying it to
the skypeelectron.jcf file does the trick.
Thanks for this workaround.
On 31/08/2018 13:35, Doug Lee wrote:
I have confirmed your issue. This is an unexpected side effect of changes made to support the latest update to JAWS 2018. In fact the entry for your change is being created, but in the wrong file, probably Index.jcf in your
JAWS user folder. Placing that entry (with its section name if necessary) into skypeelectron.jcf should work until I can fix this.

On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 08:56:54AM +0100, L??onie Watson wrote:
Hello,

Using the most recent two versions of the scripts for Electron/Skype 8 (47 and
59), I'm no longer able to reassign the command key.

I'm using [ (left bracket) then capslock c (on a laptop), which up until now
has worked in all previous versions. To all intents and purposes it appears to
work now, Jaws confirms that the reassignment has been made, but it just
doesn't actually seem to have happened.

My preferred assignment for the command key is the ` (graav/back tick)
character, but I've tried several different keys and can't get the
reassignment to stick with any of them.

Hoping someone can confirm and/or help.

Thanks.

--