Re: skype bug

Hello Doug,

Actually, strangely enough, there is a menubar in Skype 8 Desktop (at least in the one for Windows). The menubar however is hidden by default and it is not visually on the screen. When Alt is pressed though, the focus does not move to it. I've reported this bug to Microsoft via the Feedback Hub in Windows 10, but this hasn't been fixed yet, even in the insider builds of Skype 8 Desktop.

And by the way, the people using Skype 8 in english are lucky to be able to use keyboard commands such as Alt+F, Alt+E, etc. When Skype 8 is in bulgarian for example, those commands do not work at all. In most localized to bulgarian applications, pressing Alt+Ф (that is the equivalent of F for the cyrillic alphabet), opens the "File" menu if available. In Skype 8 however, even that does not work. And no surprise that it does not - there are no accelerators defined for those menus in the bulgarian translation of Skype 8 (there are no letters there underlined). The reason for no accelerators may be automated translation of those menus - who knows... 😀

______
Best wishes,
Kostadin Kolev

На 29.8.2018 г. в 10:26, Doug Lee написа:

The Alt+F/E/H etc. commands are probably provided for our convenience. To my knowledge, there is actually no menu bar in Skype 8; so the Alt key will not go anywhere by itself.

I think you are taken to a website to edit your location, but I don't fully understand your paragraph about that process.

On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 03:53:48PM +0930, Marvin Hunkin via Groups.Io wrote:
   Hi. when I go to my profile and then try to change the town I am in, no
   longer in that town, and if I then type in the edit field for skype
   8.29, and then or skype windows 8.28, windows 10 64 bit pro and using
   jaws 2018. Then if I press on the menu, takes me to the skype site or
   signs me out. Is there a way to change it, did change it on the site,
   but not sure if changed in the app. Also with jaws, if I press alt,
   nothing happens and cannot move left and right arrow, have to press alt
   f, e, v, t, h etc.

   Any ideas or work arounds and has any one posted this bug feedback to
   Microsoft.

   Thanks.