Re: Skype Classic scripts moved

Steve Matzura <number6@...>

Unaware? DO they not follow Twitter? Or read their own emails? Good grief! Not aware! Do they even know that the new Skype has earned itself some of the worst comments and lowest reviews by users in years? And not just blind ones either! Sometimes, ya gotta wonder ...

On 8/16/2018 1:46 PM, Steve Gladstone wrote:
For what it's worth, I was speaking to Microsoft Accessibility thru the
specialized help app of "Be My Eyes" and they were unaware of all the drama
with Skype 8 and JAWS. They suggested that someone who was knowledgeable
regarding the difficulties to contact them thru "Be My Eyes" so they could
be aware of it and offer help towards a solution. A little communication
might go a long way here.
-----Original Message-----
From: skypeenglish@groups.io <skypeenglish@groups.io> On Behalf Of Doug Lee
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 11:31 AM
To: skypeenglish@groups.io
Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] Skype Classic scripts moved

The page was loading completely; the material you're used to seeing on that
page has been reorganized though, and is still undergoing a bit of
reorganization. The Users Guide for the Skype 8 scripts now includes the
download link and can be reached from the "Latest user guide" link on the
page you saw. I am in the process of adding material to explain this change
across a growing number of projects.

For the curious, my plan for website format is now becoming this:
- For JAWS-only projects, the main page for each project becomes the user
guide for the scripts, which itself contains any required download links.
- For JAWS+NVDA projects, the main page is a menu from which you can go to
JAWS or NVDA branches.

I don't actually like the second part of that very well, so I may further
simplify that path at some point. The goal here though is to get out of the
very old system I've been using that has long confused people by mentioning
versions, revisions, and releases, all with different meanings. Also, the
actual web content for each project is now becoming part of that project in
version control, which scales a lot more effectively than what I did before
when I have a lot of projects. At last count, I see over 160 projects in
which I've had an active hand.

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 02:53:32PM +0100, Pete via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi Doug,

Thanks for letting us know about your page, I tried to download your latest
Electron revision but the page only partially loads, will try again later.

Pete H.