Sent: Friday, August 10, 2018 1:52 AM
Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] Microsoft Backtracks, Classic Skype Lives to See Another Day - Thurrott.com

Shaun and John.

Absolutely correct.
Frankly, I thought changing from XP to Windows-7 would be difficult; Two Words: False alarm.
Like you, John, I tend to stick with what works, until it doesn’t.
Looking at what Doug, Sarah and others have said, I’m sure I’ll figure things out with the new Skype, with or without Windows 10.
Making the change from XP was Easy.  I expect the same when the time comes for w-10.
Things work a little different here in Canada when it comes to upgrades with special software.
Difficult, but not impossible.
I’ll catch up in due time.  You’re both right.

Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2018 6:45 PM

and thank you john, you therefore prove my point, you know how to use it, but by choice, you don't wish to, and that is your choice, which I respect.

you are neither complaining for complaining sake, nor are you being contrary and fighting change just because you prefer the status quo. again, that, I respect.

On 10/08/2018 07:47, John Holcomb II wrote:

I’ve never had anyone who  I upgraded to Windows 10 have any issues.

And while I don’t use W10 as my primary driver, its close enough to windows 7 to work just fine. In fact, narrator might be all some people need. And if any screene reader is going to work great with skype over anything else, it’ll be first party hardware.

Also I think Doug wouldn’t be putting out  scripts and NVDA addons if skype did not work with them.

And if something for some reason didn’t work, he’d be the first person to tell us here.

Now I’ve e not upgraded my  Skype because I choose not to. Not because I think  it won’t work. There’s a difference.

Just like I choose to  stay on Windows 7. For my main driver.

But if someone slapped Skype 8 and W 10 in front of me and said here are scripts, you have no choice, I’m sure I could make it work. I’ve been using computers and screne readers and know how to use the curcers to  get around screen if nothing else.

But all and all, I trust Doug  who made the scripts that he wouldn’t put out a   halfassed unworkable product.

John