locked Re: Microsoft Backtracks, Classic Skype Lives to See Another Day - Thurrott.com

Sarah k Alawami

I dunno, I guess keep trying. It all works here for me. Try the link again.

Anyway try that and then look for any stream where I am using skype especially the last one.

On 9 Aug 2018, at 13:53, SUNRISE DREAMER wrote:

Hello Sarah, I clicked on your youtube link, but once I’m there, none of the links activate for me.

Maybe I’m doing something simply wrong? (Smiles)

From: skypeenglish@groups.io [mailto:skypeenglish@groups.io] On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Thursday, August 9, 2018 12:17 PM
To: skypeenglish@groups.io
Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] Microsoft Backtracks, Classic Skype Lives to See Another Day - Thurrott.com

Actualy skype 8 for windows is equally as good I learned it in about maybe 5 minutes of just tinkering around. I use it every day on my youtube streams. If you don’t believe me go to my youtube page. I can get around it farily quickly with nvda.

On 7 Aug 2018, at 13:27, Octavian Rasnita wrote:

"just takes geting used to".

Yes, but this, and the fact that it doesn't have some features that Skype 7 has, makes it worse than Skype 7. :)

Getting used to something means effort and time consumed, and Skype 7 doesn't require this.

It is good to consume time to learn something new that helps, but for the moment I've seen only missing features in Skype 8, not new helpful things that we can do with it.

It would be great for example if it will have an API that can be used for sending chat messages from programs.

I see you compare Skype 8 with the version for Mac, but most Skype users use it under Windows and they will probably never intend to use Mac, so for them is not helpful at all if Skype 8 is similar with the one for Mac, or if the Mac style of using the computer is more friendly with Skype 8, or anything Mac related.

The truth is that Skype 8 is much worse accessible than Skype 7 when it is used under Windows with JAWS, and I guess that this is the most used combination.

I don't know how easy is to use it with Windows 10 yet, but from what I read from other blind Windows 10 users, Windows 10 is not stable yet, and some updates can damage some things until the next update, so this is also not very useful.

--Octavian