Re: Skype sounds on an iPhone

Josephine Hirsch

Speaking of Skype, a lot of people have the phones in their palms, meaning that they do everything on their phones such as online banking and paying their merchandises by phones. I only use Skype on my laptop or on the iPad. iPhones, and Android devices are too expensive for me plus, I am on a fixed income.

On 8/9/2018 6:29 PM, Shaun Oliver wrote:
I suffer a bit of industrial deafness myself, due to working in a band and years of radio work, both terestrial and internet.

while customising the sounds would be nice, it's not a show stopper for me.

On 10/08/2018 08:48, John Holcomb II wrote:
Some people have  hearing impairments, like me. Being able to change the sound to something that wil more easily be heard would be a nice option. Take Skype for iPhone. What if the person has a low/mid frequency loss and needs something very high pitched in order to hear the ring?
Not all people with hard of hearing issues have braille displays.

-----Original Message-----
From: skypeenglish@groups.io <skypeenglish@groups.io> On Behalf Of Shaun Oliver
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2018 7:08 PM
To: skypeenglish@groups.io
Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] Microsoft Backtracks, Classic Skype Lives to See Another Day - Thurrott.com

customisable sounds? not an issue. the ringing sound I hear quite plainly. as for an API for external programs to utilise, why? that then turns what is using limited resources in to a resource hog, and nobody likes a resource hog.
On 10/08/2018 08:19, Andre Polykanine wrote:
Hello Shaun,
3. Sounds are not customizable. I still use classic sounds in Skype 7,
and  I'll  give  you a reason for that: when I'm away from my PC and I
hear  that loud old-fashioned  phone  ringing from my headphones,  I
know  someone  wants my attention  in  Skype. Was it too hard to implement in a newer version?
I'm 100% sure it was not.