Re: Catching Up With Skype/Skype7 Currently On My Machine

Doug Lee

Truth is, when I updated my website to account for Skype 8 now working on Windows 10, I missed the link he found on my main page. This is now fixed. And Skype 8.25 does work on Windows 10. I'm using it that way now myself.

On Thu, Aug 02, 2018 at 06:50:17AM -0400, Steve Matzura wrote:
This was recently covered on this list. Doug says the Web link needs to be
renamed, and that the Electron scripts do in fact work for version 8.25.

On 8/2/2018 5:56 AM, James Robinson wrote:
Hello!

Well, I took a look into the current skype on my Windows10 PC and discovered
that Skype7 was the current version installed; however there was an "Update
Skype" button present for me to click. This button updated my Skype version
to "Skype8.25.

I then went to dlee.org to find the latest scripts forSkype8. I see the
scripts for SkypeUp, but the only scripts I see for Skype8 seems to be for
skype versions older than Windows10 (Win81/7 etc). Are the SkypeUp scripts
suppose to be installed for Skype8.25 and, if not, where do I find the
correct scripts for Skype8.25? Now, although the Skype8 scripts I see on
dlee.org say for windows older than win10 (win81/7), are they the ones to be
used for Skype8 that appear on dlee.org? At this point, I don't want to be
working with two versions of Skype (Skype8.25 and/or SkypeUp) on my computer
so, if possible, I would like to have the latest or current scripts for
Skype8.25 to use with the version of Skype currently on my machine.

Skype8.25 appears to be working properly with the current scripts I have in
JAWS, but I am not sure this is all I need. I would like to have some
clarification on this topic from the list if possible.

James Robinson

"Our chief want in life is somebody who will make us do what
we can. {Ralph Waldo Emerson}