Re: Still Confused About Skype 8.25 UWP

Steve Matzura

The fog thickens, I'm sorry to say.

On 7/29/2018 1:06 AM, Doug Lee wrote:
Microsoft recently started officially supporting Skype 8 on Windows 10, and it sounds from your messages like you are actually running Skype 8.
Yes, 8.25 UWP to be exact.

So you have two choices: Get the Skype 8 JAWS and/or NVDA support as described and
use that, or grab and use Skype UWP from the Store and get the described support for JAWS and/or NVDA for that app.
But ... but ... I hate to sound so stupid, but there's obviously something I'm not getting here. Skype 8 from the MS Store is different than some other Skype 8? And if your site says the NVDA add-on is for versions of Windows less than 10, and I'm running Windows 10, how is that the right thing to do? Ditto the Electron application stuff?

I think Microsoft will continue to support Skype UWP for a while though I would like confirmation of their
plans for that one sometime. I am quite sure Microsoft will continue to support Skype 8 for a while now.

On Sun, Jul 29, 2018 at 12:38:43AM -0400, Steve Matzura wrote:
Doug:

??Electron and NVDA add-on are the wrong choices because I'm not using a
version of Windows less than 10. Scripts for Windows 10 insist Chrome is
running. What?? can I do to fix this?

Thanks as always. I've clearly mucked something badly.