Re: Are Doug's Scripts Really Active?

Steve Matzura

Skype version 8.25.

On 7/26/2018 3:15 PM, Doug Lee wrote:
I saw your Tandem offer but I'm doing a lot of other things between messages today. :)

Chrome should load only for Skype 8, so I suggest using the JAWS Ctrl+JAWSKey+V command and telling me the version number of your Skype. It actually sounds like you are indeed running Skype 8.

uia.jsh should not come back btw, as you found was the case; so that part worked as expected.

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 02:32:52PM -0400, Steve Matzura wrote:
1. In JAWS 2018's "Explore my settings" directory, I renamed UIA.JSH to
UIA;.JSH.BAD.

2. Re-installed U WP scripts version 102 while running JAWS2018.

2.1. When it came time to select into which version(s) of JAWS I wanted to
install the scripts, only version 18 was selected automatically, so I selected
2018 as well and proceeded.

2.2. The installation completed successfully.

2.3. Upon running Skype, it still says Chrome settings are loaded.

2.4. No new version of UIA.JSH was created.

On 7/26/2018 2:11 PM, Doug Lee wrote:
I believe you've been bitten by a little but hard to explain bug. Delete uia.jsh in the JAWS user folder, not the shared folder, and then reinstall.

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 02:07:11PM -0400, Steve Matzura wrote:
And it now just occurred to me why those errors happened. When I installed, I
had JAWS 17 running the first and third times, JAWS 2018 running the second
time. If I use J2018, the install will likely be successful.

PS, if you'd like to Tandem in and see what's going on, just let me know, I'm
ready to receive.