strange event possible spammer

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (ken lawrence via Skypeenglish)...

Hi list, ken here. a strange one the other day a person wanted to add me as contact and I did but at about 2 hours apart for each this person messaged me with things like hey there or hello and in each case the person was offline. these messages again all happened at about two hour intervles how can someone message you if they aren?t online line. it?s as if the person had their skype set automaticly to message people every two hours. removed them from contacts do to suspicious activity. was this some kind of a spammer/stalker/sexual type?