Re: Microsoft is Killing Skype Classic on September 1-

Doug Lee

Alt+1 is a native Skype 8 keystroke in 8.25 for jumping to the Conversations list.

On Sun, Jul 22, 2018 at 11:22:02AM +0300, Octavian Rasnita wrote:
OK, the edit field might be easy to find using web nav keys as you said. But
how do you find the list of chats in order to be able to switch to another
chat?
This might be different on Skype 8 than in Skype Classic, and I hope that is
easier, because in Skype Classic I need to press the tab key for 15 times.

--Octavian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sarah k Alawami" <marrie12@...>
To: <skypeenglish@groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2018 1:25 AM
Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] Microsoft is Killing Skype Classic on September 1-

I can actually see the anem of the person I???m chatting wiht once I hit
enter, I see them outside the window then I hit enter and Im in the chat.
After that I use my web nav keys such as f for edit field and stuff to find
the edit field if I want to.

On Jul 21, 2018, at 9:48 AM, Octavian Rasnita <orasnita@...> wrote:

OK, if the conversation list is easy to access, it can be acceptable,
although it is harder to not see the name of the person in the title of
the window.

Can you please tell me how you access the conversation list?

I made a test and configured Skype Classic to use a single window, and
then I start tabbing around in that window, with the hope that I will find
a way of changing the current chat. But I found only the following
objects:
- input text field
- send image button
- send file button
- send video message button
- send contacts button
- insert emoticon or emogi button
- select to change status drop down button
- [my user name] button
- search text field
- see updates from your contacts in Skype home button
- call mobiles and landlines from the dial pad
- create a new conversation that anyone can join
- contacts tab (the other tabs are:recent, all)
- show unread conversations button
- recent messages (here appear: today, the list of recent chats,
yesterday...)
- advertising frame
- [remote user] (I don't know what is this for)
- Add [remote user] to favourites button
- video call button
- call button
- add people button
- list of chat messages

I've seen that I can change the current remote user from "recent messages"
above, after tabbing for 15 times, which is not really nice.
Plus that I need to select the user with up and down arrows, and when
doing this, the focus can also move to other things like "today", or
"yesterday".

Is there an easier method of selecting the remote user when a single
window is used?
Or maybe in Skype 8 is easier than in Skype Classic?

--Octavian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Lee" <dgl@...>